Well I ended up sleeping in a little, so I didn't have time to read it over... but I made it to class which was good... While doing the first pranayama I was trying to remember what Wayne Dyer was trying to convey in verse 1, Living the Mystery. I could recall him mentioning something about wanting and allowing, ying and yang ....something about paradoxical thinking. As I was finishing up the last pranayama breath, a thought came into my mind, I wanted nothing more then to have a strong class. It was as if a light bulb went on in my head, I thought that maybe instead of concentrating on trying to have a great class (which is something I do all the time), I should allow it to just happen... naturally...letting go of my expectations of what I think having a "strong class" was. I kept that thought in my mind the entire class..
Well I ended up having an amazing class! I'm not sure if it was because I allowed myself to...it might have just been the breakfast I ate...who knows. What I took from the class was that if I can learn to acknowledge the wanting in my life or in my practice, then I can shift into the allowing....without one you cannot have the other...
No comments:
Post a Comment